Sunday, November 19, 2006

MY BIRTHDAY. . .

My 40th birthday was Nov 17. I expected my hubby to do something big, but not too big.
I was wrong.
MY day started with delivering my kids to school as I always do on school days. I got home and the DH had taken the day off to spend with me. We went to breakfast and I fell off my diet (low carb, gotta lose fat) BIG and HARD! It tasted great.
When we got home I actually got to take a nap! It felt so good to sleep in the middle of the day. Later that evening my 12 year old daughter had a voice recital. I got to hear her sing and find that she has some talent. Very lovely.
And lastly that night, the DH and I went and and had dinner at a fondue place. We STARTED with the chocolate dessert! We were going to end with chocolate, but by the time we ended we were both tired and full. I told everone not to wake me till noon. . .

BUT that wasn't the end!
The next day was Saturday. Since we own a bar and grill, we'd made plans to go watch the Ohio State/Michigan game at the bar. Little did I know what was to come! As the day wore on, I was ready to go home and Tom (DH) told me that we were not going home!! With the help of my 12 year old, he had packed a bag for me and we were going to stay in a hotel. In ESTES PARK!! IN THE STANLEY HOTEL!!!!! For Stephen King fans, this is the hotel that the remake of The Shining was made in. VERY NICE! He actually didn't tell me where we were going. I had to wait until we got closer and guess.

At the bar that night we had karaoke going. Tom rewrote the words to "You're 16" for me and sang it during karaoke. I felt so special!

In the morning on Sunday we went to breakfast again in Estes Park and walked around the shops. It was beautiful, clear and cool. Tom even waited for me while I shopped at The Stitchin' Den in Estes. I bought some sox yarn in black (100% baby alpaca) for sox for him ( a thanks for the weekend) and some green for me in alpaca/silk. And a couple more merino skeins. He even carried the bag to the car for me.

For my birthday, I bought myself some knitpicks needles in sock sizes and two sets of size 4 tips and 24" cables to try out the interchangables. Oh, and a KIPer bag in medium. Hopefully it will be here in a week or so. I'm so excited!

OTN:
Two toe up in Mountain Colors Mystic Lake (for me)

Two toe up in Mountain Colors in Alpine (for a friend)

Two toe up in Lion Brands Jaquard (blue and brown) for the DH

Two toe up in an unknown blend peach, baby sox for friends new baby girls.

Hope you are well,
Ginny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home